Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All-In-One 6500 E709a

I updated my MacBook with Big Sur and now I am getting error messages that my HP files will damage my computer. Cannot print. Cannot find drivers on HP site. OS 11 isn't even listed. Is there any way I can still use my printer with my Mac?

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Scan menu and select Uninstall HP Software.

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HP_Easy_St...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
The 6500 E709a printer is found, but no driver is available.
Neither through "Easy Start" nor through "Easy Admin"
Will he still be supported?

I'm waiting.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Ok, let's try installing below drivers:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HewlettPac...

Download the file to your Mac, right-click (Or CTRL + Left Click) and select Open, then complete the installation wizard.

Power on the printer and ensure it is connected, then open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and press the plus sign.

Select your printer, then select the printer model within the Use drop-down menu and press the Add button, then try printing.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi I'm going crazy. 🤪

Installation and function without any problems.

The support works great here.

@ShlomiL my special thanks

HP Recommended

Bonjour, 

Je ne peux pas installer le programme : 

Impossible d’ouvrir « HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.pkg », car Apple ne peut pas vérifier qu’il ne contient pas de logiciels malveillants. 

Ce logiciel doit être mis à jour. Contactez le développeur pour en savoir plus.

Safari a téléchargé ce fichier aujourd’hui à 11:58 depuis ftp.hp.com.

HP Recommended

Bonjour

Souhaitez-vous installer ce  pilote?

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/My-MacBook-with-OS-Big-Sur-will-no-long...

Vous avez un Macbook avec une puce M1 et un système d'exploitation Big Sur? Cela a fonctionné pour moi sans aucun problème.

HP Recommended

Bonjour, 

Non ça ne fonctionne pas (comme je l'écris).

Oui j'utilise un Mac sous macOS Big Sur (version 11.1). 

Pour ce qui est de la puce M1 j'ignore.

J'ai un message : 

Impossible d’ouvrir « HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.pkg », car Apple ne peut pas vérifier qu’il ne contient pas de logiciels malveillants.

Ce logiciel doit être mis à jour. Contactez le développeur pour en savoir plus.

Safari a téléchargé ce fichier aujourd’hui à 20:49 depuis ftp.hp.com.

Et ensuite : 

Safari ne parvient pas à ouvrir le fichier « HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.pkg » car aucune des applications disponibles ne peut l’ouvrir.

HP Recommended
salut

Ce pilote est (probablement) uniquement pour les nouveaux Macbooks avec le chipset M1. Alternativement, ces pilotes sont également disponibles auprès d'Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=fr_FR&locale=en_US

Je ne sais pas si cela fonctionne.

(Installation à vos risques et périls)
Je suis un utilisateur normal et je ne peux pas vous aider à ce stade.

HP Recommended

Hey Guys 🙂

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community.This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.