Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
0fficejet Pro 9010
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Why does the printer not go to sleep after inactivity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ThankS for your advice and suppled links. I will let you know how I get on

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the printer connected to a phone line? a such would likely occur due to a bad phone line connection affecting the printer.

Assuming the answer is yes, please unplug any phone cable from the printer and allow it some time, check if it then sleeps.

If that helps, please let me know what phone line type do you use (Analog, DSL, VOIP, etc.) and how exactly the phone line connection goes, from which exact port of the printer to which exact connection port on the other side?

Also, please make sure that the printer is directly connected to a wall socket and not through any power hubs, splitters, to deny any possible power cause.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

No phone line just set up wirelessly

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying.

Please make sure the printer is directly connected to a power source and confirm this.

Also, make sure the latest printer updates are installed and check if that may make any difference:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Printer directly connected to power source. I only bought the new printer this week, I have never had an HP product before and am struggling getting any support of any description

HP Recommended

This is a peer to peer community, I'm doing my best to assist you with support documents, you may try updating the firmware as listed in the provided link and check if that makes any difference.

If you prefer to contact a local support agent in your country, you may create a case and get the contact details from the HP Support site:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp/product/hp-officejet-pro-9010-all-in-one-printer-series/2390...

Note: you would first need to provide your printer information and verify its entitlement information, then you will be given with the contact details to contact a support agent.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

ThankS for your advice and suppled links. I will let you know how I get on

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.