Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8023 All-in-One Printer

HP printer 8023. I was out of the office for 2 months to return to find that my printer is no longer able to be found by my computer. Tried to uninstall and reinstall but it won't reinstall because the HP wizard cannot find the signal for it and claims that the IP address doesn't exist. What do I do? How can I print?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @ene4,

49.11.4670208.4 MBFeb 16, 2022Download

The problem comes from the driver that is installed.

Download and install it by applying the uninstallation procedure, which I suggest.

Download the driver above.

Procédure: 

I haven't written to turn on the printer yet, so it's off.

Uninstall the old driver in Control Panel, in "Programs and Features", then remove

all occurrences in "Program" and "X86 Program", in Control Panel, right click on your old printer (If it is still there, chances are that it is no longer there) "Remove", if it is present.

Restart the PC. At the end of the startup, connect the printer to the mains, connect a USB cord on the PC side, on the printer you will connect it during the installation ONLY when asked.

Start installing your printer, by right-clicking on the Setup. EXE of the downloaded driver, click ''installed'' en

as administrator'', let the installation take place, at the end, restart the PC.

To create a shortcut on the Windows desktop, open Control Panel, right-click on your

new printer, create shortcut, on the desktop, yes.

A new shortcut has been created on the Windows desktop.

Turn on your printer, print a test page, by clicking on the new shortcut created.

That's it, your printer is working again.

with this method, my printer has been working for 7 years without problems.

Excellent Day.

* Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

* I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.

Best regards,

Bernard42.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.