Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet Pro M177fn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My printer is stuck with the energy star / Hp logo. I cannot push any button, nor print anything. 

It seems to have happened after a software update. How can I restore to factory settings ? I have read all tips on this forum, but no luck... Thanks in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ChC1872

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

We could try an NVRAM Reset and check if that helps

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please try these steps 

1. Turn the product off.
  2. Touch the right arrow button and Cancel button simultaneously. Hold both the button as you turn the product on.
    NOTE: The both the button is not visible when the product is off, but are still active. Note its position before you turn off the product.
  3. When Permanent storage init. Appears on the display, release the buttons.
    When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.
  4. Turn the product off.
  5. Touch the right arrow button and Cancel button simultaneously. Hold both the button as you turn the product on.
    NOTE: The both the button is not visible when the product is off, but are still active. Note its position before you turn off the product.
  6. When Permanent storage init. Appears on the display, release the buttons.
    When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there KrazyToad, 

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, nothing happened. When pressing both these buttons, then powering on the product, it simply boots, runs the initialization, and finishes with the Eco/HP logo screen and no buttons are responding. It is stuck at this logo screen with no buttons working.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Thanks for keeping me posted

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.