Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp laserjet pro mfp m29w
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I need updated firmware for my printer. It no longer works. Need help ASAP.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ToonerMike

Welcome to the HP support community.

Refer the steps mentioned in this HP document to update the printer firmware:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm afraid your link didn't work. As I understand, HP has eliminated all the software and firmware for out of warranty products. If there is firmware available for my old laser printer I can't find it.

HP Recommended

@ToonerMike

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I asked for help from . He sent me firmware, but it was for HP laserjet 3020. As a result, the printer is now locked. LED window blinks HP and power light blinks. I can no longer copy, even if the USB is unplugged. Consequently the printer is now unusable. Perhaps proper firmware would solve the problem.

HP Recommended

I've given up on the laserjet m29w since I can no longer communicate with it (see previous post).

So I bought a new HP OfficeJet 9015e, because I could use the warranty to make a phone call to support. The new printer will not scan using Big Sur (Mac OS 11.2.3) Image Capture. After one call with a young man, we both decided that Image Capture would not work and I could only scan from HP Smart. That scan software is poorly designed and can't compete with the high-quality features provided by Image Capture. Given that unsatisfactory solution I said my only option was to return the printer. He said he would consult with another tech person. I was put on hold and cut off. So, I called back. This time I got a sincere woman who patiently went through the same scenario. We came to the same conclusion, my only scan option was HP Smart.

So I will return the new printer. Since I can no longer use my old M29w either I must search for another printer/scanner. I have now had 2 unsatisfactory experiences with H. I will never buy from HP again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.