Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 9018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought May 26 and it still will not print half the time! Hours and hours and hours with technical help and my new HP desktop, my wife's HP laptop, and an old HP desktop running Windows 7 can not print. Goes into error states. Files go io the printer and never come out or (today) print one line at a time mixed in with a blank page now and then for hours. They seem to have put it on the market without a driver of its own and are trying every driver they have on the shelf. 

Do not buy this printer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @newmextex

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Try making a copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Check the ink levels and replace any low or empty ink cartridge.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page

1. On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .

2. Swipe up on the display, touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report.

If the printer is able to make a copy and print the test page, it means the printer hardware is working fine.

Use the HP Smart app to print and scan from your Win PC

Click here to download and know more about the app.

The full-featured driver can be found here.

Let me know how it goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply and offer to help. When I said "hours and hours and hours.." I was being literal! For example, one day last week I was on the phone for over three hours. Friday night I was on the phone with a tech supervisor until after eight pm his time (EDT) until he gave up. Saturday morning a tech who had worked with me Thursday called back and worked for over an hour trying again to get my three HP computers to print to my new HP printer. These are just the most recent attempts to get this printer to work. Now they just want to blame it on MS Windows despite the fact that the old PC running WIN 7 and the new laptop running WIN 10 have been printing for years. Today the printer freezes every time I try to print from the laptop or old desk top.

If you can help where your five or six coworkers have failed give it a try.

HP Recommended

@newmextex, I understand your concern. Kindly perform the steps mentioned in my previous post to resolve this issue.

If the issue persists, we can perform a factory reset on the printer that may help.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.