cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No SETUP ink cartridges

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows XP

I bought this printer 4 or 5 years ago... just in case my HP Photosmart 6510 died on me. Well it lived until a week ago. I pulled the 6520 out of the closet... never been open.

I had everything plugged in and ready and "no SETUP cartridge". I have tried several things to bypass the setup to no avail.

One suggestion was to return to retailer.... but I have had it too long

What can I do?

Like so many I have a child doing virtual classes (he likes his worksheets printed) and I am a teacher , we need a working printer, I do not want to buy a new one.

Is there somewhere I can purchase a SETUP ink cartridge??????

Tried:

Hard Start

Downloads

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 453 717
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LilyLou64 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting No SETUP ink cartridges message.

Please perform the below steps and check.

Step 1: Check the ink cartridges

When you set up your printer for the first time, you must install the SETUP ink cartridges that came with the printer. Open the door to access the ink cartridges, and then make sure the ink cartridges are labeled SETUP.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Open the door to access the ink cartridges.

3. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.

4. Push in on the front of an ink cartridge to remove it.

Animation of replacing the ink cartridges

5. Make sure the ink cartridge is labeled SETUP.

6. Insert the ink cartridge into its color-coded slot until it snaps into place.

7. Repeat these steps to remove, inspect, and reinsert the remaining ink cartridges.

8. Close the ink cartridge access door.

• If your new printer did not come with SETUP ink cartridges, do not continue with the steps in this document. Return the printer to the retailer.

• If the ink cartridges that came with your new printer are labeled SETUP, continue to the next step.

• If your printer was working fine, and you installed new ink cartridges, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Reset the printer

Reset the printer to recover from printer failures.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

note:

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Please refer to the below link as well.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-6520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5169038/model/51...

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation