Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet Pro 200 colourM276nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer shows Wi-Fi connected. Computer shows using HP Scan and Print that the printer is shown on the Computer.

Checked out the setting on the computer and is shows that the printer is offline.

How can I get the printer to change to online.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ccbjb

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, when the printer status is "Offline," it indicates that the computer cannot communicate with the printer. 

Resetting the power to the printer is a quick way to reset the printing system and prepare for further troubleshooting, if necessary.

Follow these steps to perform a power reset and check connections:

1. If the printer is off, turn on the printer, and then check the printer status:

• If the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue, then the printer is back online and you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the computer still shows the printer status as "Offline," continue to the next step.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet, and then wait at least 60 seconds.

3. Make sure the USB or network cable is securely connected and not damaged.

4. Make sure the router or switch cables are securely connected.

5. Restart your computer and wait for it to reboot.

6. Reconnect the power cable to the rear of the printer and into the wall outlet.

7. If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

8. Try to print.

• If you are able to print, the printer is online again. If the printer goes offline again when trying to print another job, continue with the next steps in this document.

• If the printer remains offline and you are unable to print, continue to the next step.

Follow these steps to download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor:

1. Go to HP Print and Scan Doctor.

2. Click Download Now, and then follow the on-screen prompts to download and run the software.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.