cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Notifications when printing

HP Recommended
HP Envy 7155 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When printing I keep getting notifications from Windows to "click here."  They keep coming, sometimes 15 or more will pop up.  Why is this happening and is there a way to stop them from popping up during printing.  They only stop after the print job is finished and the printer goes to "sleep".  I just installed this new printer today and downloaded all new drivers and firmware.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 581 646
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @JoeG04

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

I understand that you keep getting pop up until the print job is over.

No worries, I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

When did this first begin?

Did it happen after an update?

Follow the below steps to get the issue fixed.

Let's try to fix this issue by doing a clean install. 

Follow the steps mentioned below:

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer is present.

Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP ENVY Printer entries and uninstall them.

Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

Restart your computer.

Click the bottom-left Start button on the desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.

Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose "Show hidden devices".

Then from the device manager list, check the entries under "Printer" - If there are any entries, please right click and choose "uninstall" - In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says "Delete the driver software for this device".

Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. 

Delete any printer entry or any entry which says "Unknown device".

Once done, close device-manger. 

Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.

Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.Again, go to Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. 

You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.

Now restart your computer again.Open the Run window again, type "services.msc" and press ok to get services window.Scroll down to "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" - right-click and go to properties. 

Make sure the service is started and startup type is "Automatic".

Now scroll up and go to "Function Discovery Provider Host" - right-click and select properties - Change the startup type to "manual" and start the service.

Repeat the same exercise on "Function Discovery Resource Publication" as well.

Click here to download and install the software.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation