Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP officetjet 4500
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Our scanner will not work anylonger. Something happened with the connection with our computers. The printing funktions work but not scanning...therefor I understand that nothing is wrong with the machine...but something with the settings.

Somebody can help us?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Martra,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the scanner component.

Hence, you may contact HP Technical Phone Support from this link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

Select the country where you are located and type the product# or the serial number of the unit and then choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information. Click on 'Show Options' icon and then scroll down the page and select 'Get Phone Number' to get the phone number.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Martra,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Officejet 4500 Desktop All-in-One Printer wherein it does not scan.

In order to isolate the issue, I suggest that you make a copy from the control panel of the unit and check.

If the copy is fine, then I suggest that you follow the steps in the link: How to Scan (Mac)

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hallo Rainbow23.

Thanks for your adwise but it didn´t work better at all. If I can attach a screenshot.....you see that I´ve done the surching as you suggest but it still doesn´t work. The scanning doesn´t answere....

Skärmavbild 2017-11-05 kl. 20.49.43.png

HP Recommended

Hi @Martra,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the scanner component.

Hence, you may contact HP Technical Phone Support from this link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

Select the country where you are located and type the product# or the serial number of the unit and then choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information. Click on 'Show Options' icon and then scroll down the page and select 'Get Phone Number' to get the phone number.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.