cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
MAB32
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Officejet 9019 printer will not auto receive faxes

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 9019 all in one printer
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

I'm trying to get my printer to auto receive faxes but even though the setting is set to auto receive, it will not do so.  You must press the button to accept the fax.  I've turned off the auto correct, I've extended the number of rings & I've set the fax speed to the slowest available.

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,797 30,501 2,790 10,226
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MAB32 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

Odd.

There is not that much to it - generally, once set up correctly, Auto-Answer works.

I did find after checking the references I can find, that your version of Windows Server is not mentioned as supported.

Could be old paperwork / documentation.

What else?

Standard landline is assumed - the printer expects this type of setup.

Make sure you are using the correct type of phone cord to connect the Printer / Fax to your phone outlet.  You need to use a Two-Wire phone cord (as opposed the the Four-Wire phone cords usually used to connect a landline phone).  Two-Wire phone cords are available from office supply and online stores (Amazon, for example).

Phone cord type and other known solutions here:

Resolve fax problems

What else?

Try a Test Fax as suggested in document section Cannot receive faxes

References / Resources

Fax is discussed / explained in the printer User Guide

Information for Automatic Answer and related setups start on Page 80

Also

Category Troubleshooting > Select Topic Fax

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications)

HP OfficeJet Pro 9019/Premier All-in-One Printer 

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation