Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello, I've just set up my Office Jet Pro 7740 printer - I can scan and get basic quality prints with no issues. However I want to print copies of my paintings at the highest res possible (1200dpi)  onto A3 Velvet Art stock using InDesign or Photoshop. To do this I need to install specific drivers and to do that I need to install the EasyStart app. My problem is that it crashes during installation at around 86% - every single time. I've now done it  5 times - each time with exactly the same result.

Has anyone managed to get round this? Or can you recommend a driver that I can install without using the 'not so' EasyStart App? Thanks for you help.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may try downloading the drives via HP Easy Admin instead, then install it and add the printer within Printers & Scanners, be sure to select your printer model within the Use drop-down menu.

you may follow 'HP Printers - Use HP Easy Admin for macOS to download print and scan solutions' below for detailed information about using the HP Easy Admin option:

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c06164609

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for your reply. I've downloaded and successfully installed the software - how do I need install the relevant print drivers? I can't see anything obvious?

HP Recommended

Open System Preferences, and then open Printers & Scanners to re-add your printer. be sure to select the printer model within the Use drop-down menu, that's how you add the printer.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks again - that gave me the drivers within InDesign, however nothing will print I get this error 'stopped - 'Filter' failed, 1 page. I've restarted the printer but get the same error. Would it be because i deselected Airprint and choose the printer name?

HP Recommended

Further to this - I reverted back to airprint and it printed fine, but the print drivers within InDesign disappear. Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your exact OS version please?

click the Apple icon and then click on About This Mac, also check for updated and endure your operating system is up to date and check for any difference.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.