cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
conniemurray
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Officejet pro 7740 - I can't install drivers

HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello, I've just set up my Office Jet Pro 7740 printer - I can scan and get basic quality prints with no issues. However I want to print copies of my paintings at the highest res possible (1200dpi)  onto A3 Velvet Art stock using InDesign or Photoshop. To do this I need to install specific drivers and to do that I need to install the EasyStart app. My problem is that it crashes during installation at around 86% - every single time. I've now done it  5 times - each time with exactly the same result.

Has anyone managed to get round this? Or can you recommend a driver that I can install without using the 'not so' EasyStart App? Thanks for you help.

6 REPLIES 6
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,277 30,991 5,342 12,438
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may try downloading the drives via HP Easy Admin instead, then install it and add the printer within Printers & Scanners, be sure to select your printer model within the Use drop-down menu.

you may follow 'HP Printers - Use HP Easy Admin for macOS to download print and scan solutions' below for detailed information about using the HP Easy Admin option:

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c06164609

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
conniemurray
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for your reply. I've downloaded and successfully installed the software - how do I need install the relevant print drivers? I can't see anything obvious?

0 Kudos
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Open System Preferences, and then open Printers & Scanners to re-add your printer. be sure to select the printer model within the Use drop-down menu, that's how you add the printer.

Shlomi

0 Kudos
conniemurray
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks again - that gave me the drivers within InDesign, however nothing will print I get this error 'stopped - 'Filter' failed, 1 page. I've restarted the printer but get the same error. Would it be because i deselected Airprint and choose the printer name?

0 Kudos
conniemurray
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Further to this - I reverted back to airprint and it printed fine, but the print drivers within InDesign disappear. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your exact OS version please?

click the Apple icon and then click on About This Mac, also check for updated and endure your operating system is up to date and check for any difference.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation