Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet Pro 200 M251nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to install a driver for HP Laser Jet Pro 200 M251nw but the machine is not allowed to be online. I need a driver that can be installed offline and that is the driver only.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kirby1970, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You may download the printer drivers from here. Once downloaded, you may install the drivers on the computer. The printer need not be online but has to be connected to the computer. You could use a USB cable.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but there is some confusion. It is not the printer that is offline, it is that the computer is not and cannot be connected to the internet. The "driver" you directed me to is not actually a driver but an app that goes to your website and installs a driver. It fails without an internet connection.

I need a driver that can be used by a computer that is not connected to the internet.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Kirby1970

In this case, you will have to download the driver using another computer that has internet, save it to a USB drive. You may transfer the downloaded drivers to this computer and install the printer. 

The link I have provided is the only way to download the full-featured driver.

Keep me posted for any other assistance. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.