Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi ya'll

I just got this new HP printer Envy 6000 series all in one, 1 month ago.  It has been working well until today.

It said it ran out of paper, I put more paper in and i noticed it hadnt ran out, anyway i put more in and closed the tray

Then there was an error saying that the paper tray is not closed and/or its out of paper.  There are no visual damage on it, it seems well closed. I have restarted it, relocated it and done everything to try and close it as well as possible.

Has anybody had this problem before, and is it fixable? Maybe i need to take it in to have somebody look at it.  this is just annoying since i just got this printer and I have used it maybe 3 or 4 times before.

thank you all

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Hilly88,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions -

Step 1: Check the paper, and then reload it

Step 2: Clean the paper feed rollers

• Clean the rollers inside the ink cartridge access area

• Clean the rollers underneath the printer

• Clean the rollers in the ADF

Step 3: Reset the printer

For instructions, refer - 'Out of Paper' Error, Printer Does Not Pick Up Paper

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the advice i really do appreciate it. 

I am going to try what you suggested without completely ruining the printer. I am not very good with this but would i have to take the printer apart?

I will figure this out and let you know. 

I need my printer for my job. As long as the printer is out of service i am loosing my salary

Again thank you and i will try my best

Warm wishes 

Hildur 

HP Recommended

The instructions are in the document, and NO you do not have to take the printer apart.

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Same issue, it's saying there's no paper when there is. Have unplugged, waited and re started. Only had the ***bleep*** thing 4 weeks!

HP Recommended

Done all this and still it's saying it's out of paper. This is very frustrating I have only just bought this and it was printing fine even this morning but now it is just refusing to print anything! There's  no paper stuck the paper is brand new with no wrinkles etc etc

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.