cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Westroyd08
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Photosmart C5180

HP Recommended
C5180 - Q8220B
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just installed a new. higher capacity, hard drive and am in the process of re-installing all my software. I have located the appropriate download for my C5180 on the HP site and have installed the full suite. This has completed fine and put icons on the desktop. When I click on the icon for 'HP Solution Centre' all I get on the screen is  a grey outline box with a lower case   f   against a pink background and a lower case   i   in a blue circle.   If I hover the curser over it, it changes from the arrow to hand as if an action should take place when clicked but nothing happens !

Everything worked Ok on my previous hard drive with the same version of windows ( windows10 - 64bit )

The printer itself works fine and I can copy and scan to memory card locally but without the 'HP Solution Centre' I can't control it from the PC.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Westroyd08 

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,584 90,461 11,638 24,935
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Westroyd08 wrote:

... When I click on the icon for 'HP Solution Centre' all I get on the screen is  a grey outline box with a lower case   f   against a pink background and a lower case ....

@Westroyd08 

HP Solution Center needs Flash to run BUT Adobe stopped Flash late last year (Dec 2020). Please try following option

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02463264

also https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Solution-Center-not-working-Adobe-Flash-Pla...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation