Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 8600
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have had printer issues for weeks and tried almost every option through HP support.  There isn't an easy way to contact anyone at HP to help resolve my problem.  I just want to talk to a tech support person before I throw this printer out and never purchase an HP again.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Obiwankenobi10, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Kindly let me know what the issue is with the printer so that I cab assist you better.

keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD THE INSTALL SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS UPWARDS OF TEN TIMES.  IT TAKES EACH AND EVERY TIME 15 MINS.  AFTER THAT TIME, THE SOFTWARE SAYS THERE WAS A FATAL ERROR, RESTART AND START AGAIN.  I'VE DONE THIS TEN TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  VERY FRUSTRATING.  I'M ABOUT TO TAKE A HAMMER TO THIS AND NEVER EVER USE HP AGAIN!!!!

HP Recommended

@xthedudeabidesx

This is an AirPrint compatible printer. Let us try these steps to install the printer:

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Note: Use Bonjour multifucntion.

6.) Try to print.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.