Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
photosmart c4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please may I have some pointers of what I'm doing wrong or what the issue is:

I have been using the same W10 PC for over a year with a HP photosmart C4500 series printer attached with no issues until earlier this year when MS issued an update.   Ever since then I've not been able to scan normally from the PC and I've had the odd print instruction error.

To try and fix this I deleted all the HP drivers and tried to reload them.   I'm having endless issues reloading the drivers now.

First it seemed all drivers and related 'apps' loaded OK but I could not get this to instruct the printer to scan, only to print.  

I then tried scanning from the printer, saving the scans to the PC.  This was OK at first, but now I notice that the scanner is somehow enlarging the doc so rather than scan all and A4 page at same scale, it scans part of it greatly enlarged. 

When I click on the HP resolutions centre icon I get an error page.

I tried uninstalling all the software once again, and then reloading it.   Now it tells me there are some errors and that the help center is not available, try again later.

It's an old HP printer, but up until now has served just fine for very low use.  Nothing seems to be broken, it just seems no device is talking the same language to the other device.   Even the troubleshooting option is coming up blank; previously it never quite found the right solution but seemed to try and find a fix.  

I hope I've made some sense to somebody who can offer some practical solutions.  Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.