Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Color Laser Printer M254dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer came with 2 power cords but for other countries and not the US. I need a US power cord as that is where I live. 

20210318_153410.jpg

20210318_171000.jpg

 Do I need an adapter, a converter or a new printer?

Thank you for your help!

Jana

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

That printers is a 220-240V AC power, in the US you have 110V AC power, you will not be able to use that printer in the US because of power difference.

The reason you got different power cords is because that printer is not for usage in the US, return it where you got it. That printer is for Europe not for US.

It's not recommended to use power converters from 110V to 220V.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.