Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 7410 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The print quality and paper types options disappeared/gone - Officejet 7410 All-In-One,  after Windows 10 Update.  Using the latest drivers.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi! @cicerohv1, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!

I understand your print quality and paper type is no longer available.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

It looks to be a driver issue, please uninstall the printer from the root level and install the latest printer driver.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Please update the full feature printer drivers using this link.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello MrRobot,

Thanks for responding to my post.

Followed all your instructions, all is good until the installation of the HPOJ 7410 package using your link.
I got an error when it is adding the printer, see first attachment below. I then replied continue and ignore error/s, and it went into the "Configure Product". This went on for quiet awhile and then another error, see second attachment below. Then after the "Error Reporting" another window came up stating "HP Install Error - Windows 8". Why Windows 8 ???

HPOJ7410err.PNG

HPOJ7410err2.PNG

HPOJ7410err3.PNG

HP Recommended

@cicerohv1, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Is there any firewall on the computer?

Are you using this printer as public(Home) or private in an office?

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try disabling the firewall and antivirus on your PC and try installing the software again.

Hope to hear from you soon!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1. The only firewall I have is the Windows Firewall.

2. I'm using the printer at home in a private network.

3. I always turn off the Windows Firewall off and same as to my Free Avast Antivirus.

4. Tried re-installing but unfortunately the same problems/errors.  I have had this problems since the second Windows 10 Version. I could never complete the installation without errors.  The problems seems to be in the "Configure Products"  phase.  See below for my laptop configuation.

LaptopConfig.PNG

LaptopConfig2.PNG

5. I have had the same problems/errors in installing the printer package in my other laptop - HP DV7T-4100 CTO.

Hopefully you find a resolution to this problems/errors.  I know it's an old All-In-One Printer but it is still a very good  printer. I liked the scanning and printing in both side very much because it scans/prints the second side the right way.  Unlike some scanning software that I have tried, it scans/prints the second side upside down.

HP Recommended

@cicerohv1, Thanks for your quick response and time.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try giving necessary permissions to the Enum folder.
Open Registry, and then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Expand System, Expand CurrentControlSet, right-click Enum, and then clickPermissions.
Click Add to open another window, type Administrator in the Enter the object names to select dialog box, and then click Check Names.
In the dialog box or Multiple Accounts window, select the customer's Administrator account name, click OK, and then close the window.
Right-click Enum, and then click Permissions. You should now see the customer'sAdministrator account listed under Groups or User Names.
Click the Advance button, click the Owner tab, click the customer's Administrator account name, and then select Replace owner on sub containers and objects.
Click the Permissions tab, click the customer’s Administrator account name, and then select Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects, Include these with entries explicitly defined here, and Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects.
Click the customer's Administrator account name, click Edit, select Full Control, clickOK, and then click Apply.
When prompted to confirm the changes, click Yes.
Restart the computer.

Then uninstall the printer software using Revo Uninstaller you can download the software from Google.

Then install the full feature software from my previous thread and check if it helps.

Let me know if this works!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did all your instructions but this time it got worse, can't find the printer.  There was an option that states something like "what other options do I have", so I selected that and it offered to install the printer via USB. So I tried that but again it error out in the "Configuring Products" - Fatal error, see the attachment from my first post.

I went back to registry editor and check on the "Administrator", There's red x on it, see attachment below.

EnumAdministrator.PNG

What's next.

HP Recommended

Hi @cicerohv1,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not installed properly.

Let's go through a few steps to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:

Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.

Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:

1. Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following:
    • Click the Start menu and in the search field type 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click it in the search list.
    • Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.
    • From the Start menu or the Start screen:
    • Open Devices and Printers.
    • Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.
    • Click on the Drivers tab.
  2. Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
  3. Click the Remove button.
  4. Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Step 2: Download and install the Drivers from the link: Full Feature Software and Drivers​​​​​​​

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Did all your instructions and still did not install, it died in the "Configuring Products", the last phase/step.  This problem been there for a number of years.  Hp needs to come up with a new/working installation package for this printer, it's shame that HP is not, used to be number one in printers but now it's not.

Thanks to MrRobot and Rainbow23 for your time.

Decided to use a 3rd party software for scanning.  Never buy HP products again.

HP Recommended

@cicerohv1, Thanks for your quick response and time.

As you mentioned when you try to install the printer software it is getting stuck at Configuring Products.

Please try few steps recommended below.

If you have downloaded the software, the installation will be under the temporary setup folder:
Click the Winkey +R simultaneously, The run dialog will appear,

Type %temp% and click ok
Locate the temporary HP folder starts with the 7Z... characters
Inside it follow Util > CCC and click Uninstall_L4.bat - a black window will appear: Click Enter once and do not press any button till asked to. a reboot will be required after it,

Access the Run dialog as explained, type regsvr32 Atl.dll , and then click OK.
On the RegSvr32 screen, click OK.

Click the Windows icon on the Windows taskbar, type msiexec /unregister in the Search programs and files box, and then press Enter.
Click the Windows icon on the Windows taskbar, type msiexec /regserver in the Search programs and files box, and then press Enter.
Now reinstall the software, make sure to skip the USB connection (Mark the option to connect the device later at the bottom-left.

After the installation finishes, plug the USB, the software installation will appear again and should be completed.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click Accept as Solutionif you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say Thanksfor helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.