Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3760 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed successfully the HP DJ 3760 and it shows in the device manager that it is well recognized by the windows 10 -64 bit OS but the same printer shows under the Devices and printers section it shows the status of the same printer Driver uninstalled. I have checked in the device manager tab but the printer looks all fine with all values regarding this printer that it is a 3700 All in one series  PCL3 printer with a similar driver tag. Whenever you try to print normally through any windows application it fails including windows print tests the printing task gets stuck in the printing queue and after some time you get the error message while if you use any test printing through the HP apps that were installed with it like HP Smart app it does print normally.

Any help to resolve this matter is highly appreciated.

Norman

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Just to add that I can commuincate with the printer through the HP apps thus I can see cartridge INK levels, serial number of the printer among other information. Also launching the HP Print and Scan Doctor  it shows that nothing is wrong with the printer when I launch the Fix Printer option through it.

Norman

HP Recommended

Sorry the message it shows in Devices and printers is a "Driver unavailable" error. 

Norman

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.