Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw

My Operating system automatically updated to Mac Os Sonoma  and there is no printer driver available.

I am unable to print since this update.  

Does anyone have a work around that works until HP gets caught up to Apple and gets a new printer driver that is compatible?

44 REPLIES 44
HP Recommended

im having the same issue and its ridiculous.  hp said it's not the sonoma and my printer s/b working fine.  apple says its an hp issue.  ive been on the phone with both for a total of 3 hours and cant get anywhere with this.  apple said hp does this all the time.

HP Recommended

I can still print, but am unable to scan. Apple told me to restart my computer in safe mode, then start it again in the hopes that this might fix the issue. Other than that, they said it was an HP issue, not theirs.

HP Recommended

You are lucky as I cannot even print!  I have a HP Laserjet MFP M426dw and since upgrading to Sonoma I can't find my printer on Airprint - yet my mobile phone finds it fine (iphone). 

Can we reach out to HP for this issue?

Simon

HP Recommended

Edit update:  managed to get the printer working by adding the IP address of it manually as an Airprint printer.  Not ideal but hopefully a fix until a new driver comes along 🙂

HP Recommended

I installed the 5.1.1 update and this solved it for my printer.  Here is the link: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US 

Hope it helps.

HP Recommended

Thanks Dsale, that did the trick! 👍

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue

HP Recommended

Glad this worked for you Midinotes/

HP Recommended

How do you go about enter IP address etc? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.