Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4527 All-in-One Printer

Hi. This happened several years ago, and someone from HP support called me to help me put it right. Pretty sure it was out of warranty at that time too. But my email to them has bounced back.

Anyway, I no longer have the option on my printer properties to print in colour. All I have in Paper/Quality is Draft/Normal/Best. The colour option has disappeared. 

I have reinstalled the printer, I've reinstalled the driver from HP. I've tried changing the port. 

I know it took a long time on the phone last time this happened, so does anyone know if I can still get that support from HP?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @nicdoc ,

Please try to install the next driver:

>> Envy 4527 - basic driver - Windows

* Click  YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click  Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards,

ferRX.

dodecaedron

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
HP Recommended

Thanks, already done that, though 🙂

N.

HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for your reply. As mentioned I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. Several times now. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Ok @nicdoc ,

Which driver version you installed ?

Best regards,

FerRX.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I've tried several ways. I've uninstalled everything including drivers and reinstlled the printer through printers and devices, which also downloaded the driver. I've then uninstalled everything and downloaded the basic driver from HP website. I have also used your link provided an downloaded that way. I still only have quality options on printer preferences, and no option to print in colour/black & white. It prints in black & white by default though. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @nicdoc 

1. Follow steps from next video to remove printer driver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRlx0arzY2s&ab_channel=Cond%C3%A9Systems

2. Restart your computer.

3. Then install again the basic driver

* Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards,

ferRX.

dodecaedron

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you again. I have deleted the printer and the smart printer (which downloads automatically when I install the printer), however, even though they are deleted, I am getting this message when I try to uninstall the whole driver package:

hpygid20.inf (x64)
This package contains the following driver(s) that are in use:
HP ENVY 4520 series; This driver is used on:
HP ENVY 4520 series

The following driver(s) cannot be deleted:

Driver HP ENVY 4520 series (x64) is in use. It is used on:
HP ENVY 4520 series

The printer is switched off, and I have removed the printer.  But when I go to print a document, in the options list the HP Envy 4520 series is still there. 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi, I found a way to uninstall the rogue printer. I have done all of the above, removed everything, reinstalled, and in Microsoft Word I still do not have the option in printer preferences to print in colour.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.