Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi

Apologies if this is a common request on this forum but I need help with connecting my printer to my HP laptop.

I recently bought this laptop for my daughter and am frustrated because we cannot get the printer to work (a Brother HL3150CDW). Our family has 2 other laptops and both print no problems.

I have followed guidance on the HP virtual assistant and st HP virtual helpdesk and documents. I have deleted and reinstalled drivers; switched all equipment off and restarted; followed all the guidance to no avail.

The diagnostics indicate there are no problems, but I still cannot print.

Any help gratefully received

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Well... after much toing and froing and pulling of hair.... it was a simple fix, nothing more than a network sharing issue that needed to be checked. 

For anyone not computer savvy (as I am) the route was as follows (hope it is of use)

Settings/Devices/Printers & Scanners

Select printer 

Press Manage - Printer Properties - Sharing tab - Change Sharing Options - Network & Sharing Center

Select Change Advanced Sharing Settings on L/H menu

Check 'Turn on network discovery ' and 'File & Printer Sharing'

Save changes and hey presto (well... it worked for me)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.