cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Printer drivers for the LaserJet 1320N from a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro

HP Recommended
Laserjet 1320N
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had an HP LaserJet 1321N (1320 series) printer since about 2008.  It has been my workhorse printer.  It has a network card in it and plugs directly into my wireless router.  I have configured and printed to it from Windows XP all the way through Windows 8.1, 8.1 Pro and Windows 10 home edition and Windows 10 Pro without issue.  It is currently working for my old Acer laptop running Windows 10 Pro - which I gave to my son.  It is working for my HP Desktop I7 processor, running Windows 10 home edition.  It is running on my daughters Acer laptop running Windows 10 home and my wife's running Windows 10 home.

I purchased a used Microsoft Surface 8.1 RT tablet and could not find / install my printer.  I decided to get rid of the Surface RT due to decreased compatibility with the web browser and purchased a Surface Pro 3, I7 processor with Windows 10 Pro installed.  I cannot install my HP LaserJet 1321N.  I went to the HP site to install the drivers through their strange tool that I am not sure works.  Still I cannot install the printer.  I tried substituting an older driver, but I just get garbage on the printout.  I purchased Microsoft support and the first 2 tiers of service could not fix the problem.  They are escallating, but it will take several days.  They suggested contacting HP.  But there is no real way to get HP to help since the printer is out of warranty (by many years).  I need to locate a specific printer file that will work with my printer and not cause errors printing.  Otherwise this tablet is almost useless.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation