I recently changed my wifi modem to a newer version. Ever since then the interface of the printer setting has reverted to what seems like a more basic version without advanced options that I used to have. I am unable to print in colour from my laptop but I am able to print in colour from my mobile phone. I am also now unable to scan and copy using the paper feeder. It seems as though the driver/software is not correct for the printer although I have deleted and re-installed the latest driver software and firmware multiple times via HP support website and vie HP Smart App.
Has anyone had a similar experience and have any advice to fix this?
Additionally, if the printer is connected wireless, follow the steps below-
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. elect “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".