cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
MRMAYTAG
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer preferences on new HP2430tn driver dated Sept 2020 will not save

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just upgraded from an old hp desktop pc running Windows 7 to a new Hp Intel i3 desktop running Windows 10.  I have a HP 2430 tn laser printer with multiple trays.  I have never had a problem with this driver even on another networked Win 10 pc.  After installing the driver, printer preferences/properties will not save, especially if you try to set a tray to "not available"  I have never had a problem with this driver for this printer and ive had this printer as far back as Windows XP Professional.  The last time I installed this driver (on a Windows 10 pc)  it was an older version on the Hp drivers website, now ive noticed the current driver was updated in Sept 2020.  What gives here?  Ive deleted the device and reinstalled several times with no luck, the driver just wont keep the settings when I set them.

1 REPLY 1
Anderson_CR
Level 4
Level 4
119 119 3 5
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well, please try installing the HP universal postScript driver to get to printer properties and preferences set up accordingly. 

Regards,

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation