Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Tank 310
Linux

Product: HP Tank 310

Problem: I was able to install the hplip package successfully(or so i think) on Centos 7.6.1810 64 bit. This is on a home desktop. 1. the HPLIP service started and identified my printer.

2. Printer could not e installed because the software wasnt able to idetify the ppd file. It gave some error that "unable to find ppd file using old algorithm".

3. i manually identified the PPD file which is named: /usr/share/cups/model/HP/hp-ink_tank_310_series.ppd.gz

4. I ticked on print sample page along with printer configuration. Sadly though the job was queued and subsequently it got stopped. Nothing resulted.

5. i checked dmesg and get

[Wed Oct 14 15:33:27 2020] lp: driver loaded but no devices found
[Wed Oct 14 15:51:00 2020] Did not find alt setting 1 for intf 0, config 1

The other message i saw is something like filter hpcups is not found.

I have spent half a day attempting this.

On running hp-doctor, i get the message that the the ppd file chosen is not right and it tried to search and as usual fails to find one.  some more info from hp-doctor

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.20.9)
HPLIP upgrade latest version ver. 1.0

---------------
| SYSTEM INFO |
---------------

Kernel: 3.10.0-957.27.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jul 29 17:46:05 UTC 2019 GNU/Linux
Host: darkstar
Proc: 3.10.0-957.27.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jul 29 17:46:05 UTC 2019 GNU/Linux
Distribution: 23 7.6.1810
Bitness: 64 bit

Following are the ppd files on my system

/usr/share/cups/model/HP/hp-deskjet_3000_j310_series.ppd.gz
/usr/share/cups/model/HP/hp-ink_tank_310_series.ppd.gz ## <== I used this
/usr/share/cups/model/HP/hp-laserjet_3100.ppd.gz
/usr/share/cups/model/HP/hp-laserjet_3300_3310_3320-pcl3.ppd.gz
/usr/share/cups/model/HP/hp-laserjet_3300_3310_3320-ps.ppd.gz
/usr/share/cups/model/HP/hp-officejet_series_310.ppd.gz
/usr/share/cups/model/HP/hp-photosmart_3100_series.ppd.gz
/usr/share/cups/model/HP/hp-photosmart_a310_series.ppd.gz
/usr/share/cups/model/HP/hp-photosmart_c3100_series.ppd.gz
/usr/share/cups/model/HP/hp-photosmart_prem_c310_series.ppd.gz
/usr/share/cups/model/HP/hp-psc_1310_series.ppd.gz

Centos is not an obscure OS; so i am little surprised to mess around like this. I thought it would be easier.

any help appreciated and disapponted with HP/Centos. Need to decide which.

Thanks

Krishnan

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.