Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9015e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to setup a 9015e printer and getting the following error:

Printer setup incomplete:

Finish printer setup to enable printing. This printer requires the use of an HP account, enabled web services, and internet connection for setup and use.

I spent 1.5 hours on the weekend with tech support who recommended I return it after a partial reset got it stuck in a printing alignment page.  The agent had me return the printer (to hp where i ordered direct). I got a new one at staples today. 

I followed the setup guide. 

I was able to print the alignment page and scan it in. 

I was able to go through the HP Smart App on Win10 and set it up.  However, when it gets to the the part where I print a test page, the printer shows the above error. 

I've tried power cycle, forgetting the printer in HP and windows 10, more power cycle, and reinstalling. I always get that error. Via the menus, I see that it's connected to the internet and web services are enabled. I set up the printer via the HP smart app where I had to log in. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally got it working, but I don't know why it worked this time. 

1. I uninstalled the printer from Win 10.
  2. I deleted the HP app off my iphone.
  3. I re-installed the HP App on the iPhone.
  4. I logged into my HP account in the app before I did anything (this is the only thing I did differently in any iteration).
  5. I installed the printer via the iphone app
  6. I signed up for HP+ (.99 cents a month plan)
  7. Printer finally setup
  8. Tested copy on the printer and it worked
  9. Printed from phone and it worked
  10. Next, I wen to control panel in windows10 and selected printers
  11. I clicked add printer and it found the new printer.
  12. It asked me to launch the HP app, but I didn't. 
  13. I was able to print from win10. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Firmare update just downloaded and installed (MANHTNPP1N004.2044C.00) and when i check, there are no new updates.

I'm still seeing the error.

HP Recommended

No luck with HP Print and scan doctor either. It gets to print test page and then still seeing printer setup incomplete error. 

HP Recommended

I tried a couple of more things that didn't work:

• I tried to make a copy from the printer itself and get the same error
  • Connected the printer via USB. I see a different version of the printer, but Win 10 can't connect. 
HP Recommended

This is like reading my own experience verbatim.

I just got the 9015e, as well. The first one got stuck on the alignment page print and never printed. Returned it to HP and ordered via Staples. I set the printer up without registering it and it was working fine. After resetting it and going through the HP Smart setup and HP+ Instant Ink, my printer began giving the exact same error any time I try to get it to print.

I wonder if it's waiting for the new ink cartridges before allowing me to print. It's really weird. Did you do HP+ also?

HP Recommended

IIRC, The first time I signed up for HP+. This most recent time I did not because I print maybe 20 pages a month and paying for 100 pages didn't make sense. 

HP Recommended

They have cheaper options for the ink. You don't need to do 100 pages. They have $0.99 for 15 pages and $2.99 for 50. 

Either way... Did you ever get the printer working? I may just wait to see if the new cartridges they send activate it.

HP Recommended

I still don't have it working.  😞 

HP Recommended

I'm having this same issue, only with OfficeJet Pro 8035e. Have an account, have enabled web services, and have Internet connection, but it's still not printing. It's been almost a week since you posted this, when will an employee help out? I've tried to get through to someone on the phone and worked on this for 2+ hours with no luck. 

HP Recommended

I finally got it working, but I don't know why it worked this time. 

1. I uninstalled the printer from Win 10.
  2. I deleted the HP app off my iphone.
  3. I re-installed the HP App on the iPhone.
  4. I logged into my HP account in the app before I did anything (this is the only thing I did differently in any iteration).
  5. I installed the printer via the iphone app
  6. I signed up for HP+ (.99 cents a month plan)
  7. Printer finally setup
  8. Tested copy on the printer and it worked
  9. Printed from phone and it worked
  10. Next, I wen to control panel in windows10 and selected printers
  11. I clicked add printer and it found the new printer.
  12. It asked me to launch the HP app, but I didn't. 
  13. I was able to print from win10. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.