Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet J6480
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer suddenly stops printing documents. Test pages print ok. On a tip to empty the printer queue, I discovered the first item in the list could not be deleted using delete key. In the status column, it says "deleting" but document does not go away. Runing HP Print & Scan Doctor, removes that original file from the queue (screen says "print queue issue fixed". But when I try to print another document, the process repeats itself.

Dell XPS Computer was originally Windows 7 but upgraded to Windows 10 last July. No printing problems until now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Ken_2049-chem, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand your printer stops printing documents suddenly as the document are stuck in the print queue.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please uninstall the printer software from your PC and install the latest printer drivers and check if it helps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

1)Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.

2) Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

3) Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.

4) Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

5) Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

6) Restart the computer.

7) Now install the full feature software for the printer:

Please update the printer software using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Ken_2049-chem, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand your printer stops printing documents suddenly as the document are stuck in the print queue.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please uninstall the printer software from your PC and install the latest printer drivers and check if it helps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

1)Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.

2) Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

3) Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.

4) Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

5) Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

6) Restart the computer.

7) Now install the full feature software for the printer:

Please update the printer software using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. On the day following my post, I had tried a couple of times clearing the printer queue using the HP Print & Scan Doctor. On one of my attempts at this process, the queue was empty and I sent a print request, and the printer worked! Since then I have not had any problem with the printer. I appreciate your help and will keep your response on file in case this happens again.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Ken_2049-chem! You're welcome and thanks for the response,

I am glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.