Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This is a brand new printer. it was set up ink installed. tried a test print, it wont do anything

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Tim3116,

Welcome to the HP support community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.  

Please help us with the Printer serial number or the product number on a private message for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

^ Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Do a hard reset on your printer. To do this you just need to turn off your printer, unplug for a few minutes and then plug the printer again. If that still doesn't work, try turning the printer and your computer off, and then start it back up again. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling your printer driver

Regards,

Diana

HP Recommended

Hi @Tim3116,

We hope you’re doing great.  We just want to send a follow-up message to check how things are and whether if you still need our help. If you still do, we’re just a DM away.

Take care and have a good day. 

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Have a big exam coming up this friday and still need to print a hundred pages. As we all know printers like to give up when we need them the most. What I have is a basic HP deksjet 2054A. It connects to my PC but when I click 'print' it simply won't do anything. No error message, nothing. In the printer menu it says the document is printing but as I said it's not doing anything physically. I tried putting in a paper and hold the 2 buttons on the bottom so it would print a testpage but that isn't helping either. Hope to find some help here. Thanks !

HP Recommended

Hi @Tim3116,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.