Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Asus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unable to  install lates Firmware  Color LaserJet CP1515n on Windows 10 64-bit. My laptop wont recognize printer !! Cable is ok ! I can print ! Printer appear on PRINTERS & SCANNERS.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Marius6

Are you getting any error messages when trying to update the Firmware?

Try updating the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-cp1510-printer-series/3422465/mod...

Also download and run the HP Print And Scan Doctor. Link:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Run PSDR v5.0.2 

Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR. 

Keep me posted how it goes😃

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP SMART does not recognize my HP color laserjet CP1515n printer! It tells me NO PRINTERS AVAILABLE, the printer is plugged in and connected to the computer. I can't see ink level !!!  HP print and scan doctor 5.3 recognize hp 1515n printer -NEXt -  Communicating.... Step 2  Finding and fixin problem - Fix printing  - Everything checks out okay with your product.. If you would like to print ... - SKIP -  Uninstall and Reinstall with the latest software ... - This will uninstall your...  YES -  HP uninstaller component is not present. please 

HP Recommended

hp.jpg

HP Recommended

I want to chose Printer TAB  , No chance !

HP Recommended

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)

2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I do not have wireless printer ! USB cable !

HP Recommended

@Marius6

Do you have any Antivirus protection on your computer? If you do please uninstall it for now and check if the computer detects the printer

As per the HP Website this printer has no latest Firmware and the latest Firmware was released in 2013

Since there is no full feature software available, try installing the printer using Windows Built-In driver after uninstalling the printer from root level first

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer 

Follow the instruction in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879 to install the printer using Windows Built-In driver

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.