Did you mean: 
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Problem with MAC OS Catalina and HP Officejet 4500 wireless

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4500 Wireless
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi all, I'm not able to find an updated driver for my HP Officejet 4500 Wireless with my Mac with Catalina v 10.15.7.

When I try to print I get a message error from MAC saying that the driver is a malware. I found different articles talking about this but I'm not able to find a workaround a be able to print...

Can anyone help me?

many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Level 17
Level 17
30,433 30,151 5,198 12,052
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow below steps to uninstall any currently installed HP Software:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06960563

Next, download and install below drivers:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/ASU/HPPrinterDrivers5.1.dmg

Once the installation completes, power on the printer and connect it, then open System Preferences and select Printer s& scanners.

Click the plus sign and select your printer, then select the printer model within the Use drop-down menu and press the Add button.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks, it worked.

I just sow that I have exacty the same problem with another MAC where I have BIG SUR 11.0 installed. Would it be the same process?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

On Big Sur, try following below version of the HP Easy Start Utility:
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HP_Easy_St...

As soon as you open HP Easy Start, click the top HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall HP Software...
Read any warnings that display, and then click Continue. When prompted, type your administrator user name and password and follow the steps on screen.
Click Set Up New Device, and then follow the instructions to reinstall your printer with HP Easy Start and let me know if that may resolve the problem.

If that may fail too, open HP Easy Start again, from the HP Easy Start menu select Preferences.
Click on HP Easy Start.log and the log folder will launch, please send me a Private Message with the log file attached.

Shlomi

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

on Big Sur it doesn't work unfortunately.

How can I send You a private message? I cannot find a way here to send You the log file... thx

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message, please click here to access private messaging and you should now be able to use private messaging with no issues.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation