cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
sdelk5
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Quit printing photos 4x6

HP Recommended
envy 5660
Microsoft Windows Vista

Just quick printing photos 4x6......................

2 REPLIES 2
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 7,683 427 601
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @sdelk5,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you want to know how to print 4x6 photos from your HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer. ​​​​

And here are a few steps in the link: Printing Photos

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
RichAnt
Level 7
716 706 30 93
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reprints of a scanned original print in the top glass window can be quickly printed from the front display panel.  Place the photo in the corner (symbol shows upper right), then click Photo > reprint photo.  

Possibly printing from a smart phone is quick, but I don't have the printer installed on my wife's phone.  

Otherwise, it's not so quick.  Most photo apps have a print dialog that walks you through.

Windows 10 has  Paint to print from a file, which would be in the hard drive.    Win 10 in Charms > Windows Accessories > Paint opens (not Paint 3D).  In upper left click file > open.  Your pictures file should open.  Then find the photo, left click twice on the file - it  opens in Paint.  Then in upper left again, click file > print.  In thePrint Dialog box, click properties > preferences. Click on paper/quality and set  paper source to photo tray and media to HP photo papers (for example - your preference).  Then click  advanced and in the new popup set the paper/output to 4x6.  Click OK, OK until you see the print button at bottom of the Print Dialog Box.   Click it and the photo in Paint will print.  

A faster way of printing a picture that is in hard drive.  In Win 10, open Photos charm, find your photo in file.  Then left click twice on the file to open the photo on the screen.  Right click on the photo displayed on the screen.  A popup appears , click print.  Then a Dialog Box popup appears (different than the one above).  In the left pane, first set 4x6 and Photo tray.   Also, slide to the bottom for More Settings, slide to the bottom again to find quality (set highest) and paper type, 4x6 size, photo tray, etc.   Here, if you want BORDERLESS prints,  set BORDERLESS from off to on.    Then when ready, click Print in lower left.   That may be default for the next original?  To open the next photo, click the back (left) arrow in upper left corner.Experiment with plain paper cut to size.  (cut it slightly narrower than 4")  If you have severalto print, save copies to a file on the desktop to find faster and keep track of what you did.  You can even label that "sent to Frank."

More printing options are found in HP Printer Assistant (provided with software for this computer) click on Print & Scan > Print > Set Preferences.  A dialog opens.   It's too complex to cover here.  Experiment.  

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation