Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You just dont get it HP.  It's your new drivers that is screwing up.  So continuously removing and reinstalling isn't going to help when HP Smart and the drivers are failing.  I have an Officejet 4650 that worked AOK for at least a year.  Then came an HP driver and software update and now I can't print anything in color and it can no longer print on both sides of the page.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled at least 10 times now.  The problem is the faulty software you just upgraded people to.  HP Smart and HP Start is just entirely buggy and generally wont even run without errors.  And your drivers for the latest update are faulty. 

So considering no HP help is coming and the online installation is so thoroughly screwed up, I thought I would just install the drivers from my original disk as I did some time ago.  But that now redirects me to away from the disk and right back to the horrible HP online installer instead of using the disk drivers.  And how do we get HP to acknowledge there is a problem when we can no longer even communicate with HP unless we pay $49.  And the problem is being caused by HP faulty software.  Thanks HP for turning a decent printer into a monochrome printer with not a tenth of the functionality built into this printer that HP just doesn't recognize any more.

Its like a constant circle of stupidity between HPs Smart and Start and Print Doctor and software that all just suggest trying one of the other install methods that also don't work right.  Honestly can't even tell what the many HP install packages even do any more.  You've really mucked up your printer drivers HP with all your round and round software installations that no longer function.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.