Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I get an application not responding message when I try to launch easy start

when I click on the apple driver install link I get a message like unverified certificate and choice is details or go back

any suggestions on fixing ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

1,000's of people with catastrophic prints problems and still no help from HP.  Customer service is nonexistent.

Anyone buying a printer should know this.    I will NEVER buy another HP.

Would love to hear recommendations for go forward printer options.... Canon, Epson, Brother, or?

HP seems to have given up...

HP Recommended

Call MAc... they fixed mine! Got absolutely nothing form HP even after finally getting through to a person in India... they would do nothing without me paying and  I refused to pay for their error.. and they could not guarantee it would work!!

HP Recommended

I have the same pop up.....contacted Apple and after numerous tries of uninstall and install the dam printer we got no where......Im trying to reach a rep at HP and I can't get past the VIRTUAL agent

HP Recommended

This is what I have gotten our customers to do to fix it...

Remove the existing HP printer software:

Open System Preferences Select Printers & Scanners

Highlight all of the HP printer queues, including (fax) queues.

Select the “-“ button at the bottom of the list of printers Close System Preferences

Open the /Library/Printers folder
Delete or drag the “hp” folder to the trash

Open the /Library/Extensions folder
Delete or drag the following files to the trash if present hp_fax_io.kext hp_Inkjet1_io_enabler.kext hp_io_enabler_compound.kext

Next do a google search for HP Driver 5.1 which should take you to the Apple site with a download link.

Download and install that. Then you can add your printer back into System Preferences.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.