Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline s5-1014
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Got a new router from my ISP. Since then cannot print or scan on my HP OfficeJet 3830 Series printer.  Went through turning on/off, using Scan Doctor 5x.  No dice.  In the end, the message was: We're sorry, we don't support this device or operating system. Tap here for more options, but no other options come up.  How can I get my printer/copier/scanner back functioning?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CK111

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting connectivity issues on printer after replacing the router.

Follow these steps to fix the issue.

NOTE: The printer only supports connections using 2.4GHz, check if you have set the router bandwidth to 2.4GHz

Restore network settings to default settings

1. From the Home screen, touch (Wireless), and then touch Settings .

2. Touch Restore Network Settings.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Connect the printer to WiFi using Wireless setup Wizard

1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch (Wireless).

2. Touch Settings.

3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

Refer page number 86 in this user guide for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion, however, it did not work.  I could not locate the 'Utilities' as reflected in your instruction below.

To connect a new printer (Windows)
     1. Open the printer software. For more information, see Open the HP printer software (Windows)
     on page 15.
     2. In the printer software, click Utilities.
     3. Select Printer Setup & Software.
     4. Select Connect a new printer. Follow the onscreen instructions.

I've gone through the HP Easy Start 6 times now, and in the end I still get the response 'We're sorry, we don't support this device or operating system. Currently, we don't support mobile setup from this device or operating system. Tap here for more options." The 'tap here' does not provide more options; I just keep going in circles.

HP Recommended

@CK111

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.