Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Wireless Ink Tank 410 Series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear All,

I am unable to reset the password for my HP Embedded Web Service. Tried all ways and means but not fruitful . Because of being unable to sign-in into HP EWS, I am unable to configure my printer to a newly connected wireless router which I have used as a replacement to my previously installed router as it has gone out of order.

Assistance in this regard shall be highly appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Feejay_87 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to reset the EWS password.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

You can try restoring the Printer's network settings:

Press the Wireless button ( ) and the Cancel button ( ) from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

Once done, connect the Printer back to the Wi-Fi and then try accessing the Embedded Web Server.

Let me know if this helps.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt response praveen, I had tried your mentioned combo dozen of times but it didn't work out unfortunately. In conjunction, I also tried these combos below

1. Power Off- Pressed Wifi direct+Cancel button- Power On and then waited for white power light to get stable

2. Power Off- Pressed Wifi direct+Colored copy button- Power On and then waited for white power light to get stable

3.  Power Off- Pressed Wifi direct+Black &White copy button- Power On and then waited for white power light to get stable.

Nothing from the aformentioned lead to any productive result!

Any assistance in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

HP Recommended

@Feejay_87 

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

printer status report.jpgScan.jpg

Dear Praveen, with respect to the aforementioned issue being discussed, I have just printed the printer status report in which it is explicitly mentioned that Admin Password is Not Set, however, the description concerning hostname is unclear, here hostname is mentioned HP5AF901, however, when I am using this hostname as a username, it is not logging into the EWS. Could you please clarify what does this hostname refer to and what could be the username if password of the EWS is Not Set. 

Response awaited.

Fahad

HP Recommended

@Feejay_87

Please contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

This is what I am getting after selecting my product and then country.. Should I consider this the end of story?? I have seen in many threads here that HP tech support personnel have inboxed NVRAM resetting procedure to reset the EWS of a printer, it will be nice if I get the same. Thanks

Screenshot_20200325-161228.png

HP Recommended

@Feejay_87

Please Restore default wireless settings on the printer.

Reset the wireless settings on the printer so the connection completes successfully.

1. On the printer control panel, make sure the wireless light is blinking and the Power button light is bright. If the light is not bright, press the Power button to wake the printer from sleep mode.

2. If the wireless light is not blinking, press and hold the Wireless button  and the Cancel button  at the same time for 3 seconds.

The wireless light blinks. Repeat these steps if the wireless light does not blink.

3. Immediately continue to the next step to install the software. You have approximately 120 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.

For more troubleshooting, please refer to the following link.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.