cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Andrew_G-2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Reset Printer to factory default to start over. Forgot printer password

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 9010
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I'm just trying to reset my printer to factory settings so I can start over with the setup. The printer is not communicating with the computer by either USB or wirelessly. There is a password set in the printer for access to the set up config. but I forgot it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,683 25,563 1,409 1,481
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Andrew_G-2

Welcome to the HP support community.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
bbakerwolfmom
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same situation.  Can't reset anything on thru the menu options or wifi without this password,  Can't even factory reset.  Seems like there should have been a failsafe within the system built for these.  

0 Kudos
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,683 25,563 1,409 1,481
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bbakerwolfmom

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation