Scanner function on Officejet 4630, model B4L03A, stopped communicating with my laptop about 2 weeks ago. Printing is just fine. HOwever, any attempt to scan a document returns error message, "Scanner communication cannot be established. Ensure your product is powered on,...." I have tried everything posted at HP (remove/install printer from control panel, remove/install printer software, reboot laptop and printer, cycle power on printer, etc.) Nothing has worked. What is the secret to restore scanner communication?
If the issue persists after Firmware update then it would be a Hardware issue with the printer
Please contact HP Support for Service Options
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".