Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tried to use my scanner today: Got a message update to the latest HP smart. Then get a window saying you'll need a new app to open the ms-store page. A tick box, not app displayed.

I've spent 4 hrs search the net and trying various to fix this - none worked.

Tried to download the software again - wont work either?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@DEDE196

Welcome to the HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hp Envy 5030 TH8AT6D20T

HP Recommended

Seriously, can anyone help? Been on here two weeks now asking for help...

HP Recommended

@DEDE196

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer driver using HP Smart app

Click here to download.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is one issue with doing what you ask, I will mention it now before I do as you suggest.

When I bought the printer, It would not install. I spent 3 hrs on a live support phone call with the poor guy trying everything to get it to work on my pc. 

He eventually managed this by installing an old driver called HP pcl3 v class driver.  Which made it work finally.

So how do I get around this issue or what do I do about this please? Thanks

HP Recommended

I hope I can get an answer soon please? Thanks

HP Recommended

Can I get an answer please?

I'm at the point of giving up and going and buying a printer from someone else, I need my scanner working.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I've been without my scanner for weeks now. Can support please respond?

HP Recommended

@DEDE196

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.