Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
4650 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The screen is in French. How do I make it English?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RozaFlow

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Reset the printer to change the language to English from another language

If the control panel display is set to a different language, and you want to change the language to English, you will not be able to navigate with the control panel to reset the language. Follow these steps to reset the printer, and then select the preferred language and location.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer, and then wait for 30 seconds.

2. Press and hold the # and 3 buttons simultaneously, while plugging the power cord back in to the rear of the printer.

3. When the printer control panel displays 'Part. MVM Reset,' release the # and 3 buttons.

4. Press the right and left Arrow buttons () to select the desired language, and then press the OK button.

5. Press 1 on the keypad to confirm your language selection.

6. Press the right and left Arrow buttons () to select the location, and then press the OK button.

7. Press 1 on the keypad to confirm your location selection.

Use the printer control panel to change the language

1. Make sure the printer is turned on.

2. Press the Setup button ().

3. Press the Arrow buttons () to select Basic Settings, and then press OK.

4. Press the Arrow buttons () to select Set Language, and then press OK.

5. Press the Arrow buttons () to scroll through the language options until the preferred language displays on the printer control panel display, and then press OK.

6. Press 1 on the keypad to confirm your language selection.

NOTE: If you do not make a selection within five seconds, the control panel display automatically changes to show the next language. If you do not make a selection within two minutes the Setup menu exits and the language/region remains unchanged.
  7. When the Set Location message displays, press the Arrow buttons () to select the correct country/region, and then press 1 on the keypad to confirm your choice.

NOTE: If you do not make a selection within five seconds, the control panel display automatically changes to show the next country/region. If you do not make a selection within two minutes the Setup menu exits and the language/region remains unchanged.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.