cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
WallyJay
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Security Vulnerability HPSBHF03589 rev. 5

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600
macOS 10.14 Mojave

On 10/27/18 I recieved notice of Critical Security Vulnerability HPSBHF03589 rev. 5.   Recently I downloaded and updated the only firmware listed for my mac which was the Easy Start software dated 8/9/18 as shown when the files were uploaded to the mac.  I'm not computer expert. But I was a bit concerned that the noticed Vulnerability update of 10/2018 would not have been included in software last updated (according to my data) 2.5 months prior.   Any thoughts anyone?

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,972 27,816 1,519 1,609
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WallyJay

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting Security Vulnerability HPSBHF03589 rev. 5 notice.

I made a research and see that according to this HP document click here, updating printer firmware should fix the issue.

Follow the below steps to update the printer firmware from the printer display directly:

1. Touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button ( or ), touch or press Settings or Setup if necessary, then touch or press Product Update or Check Product Updates.
  2. If you are prompted to sign up or accept terms of service, follow any on-screen instructions to enable Web Services and setup automatic updates. This procedure sets up the printer's Internet connection so it can receive updates.

3. If the printer does not automatically start the update process, select Check for Updates or a similar menu to start the update.

You can refer to this HP document for more steps:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation