cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
PrntrQstns
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Setup Tray 3 Correctly to Default Print - But Use Tray 2 When out / Paper Handling?

HP Recommended
LaserJet P3015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to replicate the paper handling I had with an old HP LaserJet 4200 with tray 3. I filled tray 3 with paper used on one side, and filled tray 2 with new/unused paper. In my old setup, I would print draft documents,  which printed from tray 3 on scrap paper. I edited these rough drafts and when I had a good document, I'd pull out tray 3 then print again. The printer would automatically print the finished copy from tray 2.

I can get my new set ups Laserjet P3015 and Laserjet Pro M402n to print from tray 3 by default, but when I pull out tray 3 to try to force printing from tray 2, the printer won't print, and just tells me to close tray 3. What are the settings to make tray be default, but when it is not available,  print from tray 2?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation