cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Drkstarinthesky
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

The Printer cant be found ANYWHERE

HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

So heres the deal:

I have been using this printer since last nov (black friday to be exact) and just out of no where, i cant connect anymore. So I go through the steps to reinstall it, and now i cant find it anywhere.

I tried 123.hp.com, and its unable to be found that way too.

I tried the HP Smart ap on my Android note 8 (One UI 1.0) , nothing.

I have tried with my GFs Apple Iphone 6s, nothing.

I reset all the settings on the printer, and used BOTH the one push WPS connection, AND typing in the password. Nothing.

The printer DOES show up on the routers admin page though, so i know its on the network. 

I have used the tools to reset and tried to re-download the drivers, but that doesn't seem to work either. (i get stuck somewhere along the lines because it cant find the printer to install drivers for, because the printer is not able to be located.)

I feel like printers just always suck, i just need to vent. In the late 90s, we had a Sony Viao, (sp) and we had a printer, and it had issues, just more 90s style. The printer at work is an hp, it also has connectivity problems, and now we are at a brand new printer.... and it cant connect either. I consider myself a bit more tech savy than the normal person... but it shouldnt come to this. 

please help

1 REPLY 1
Drkstarinthesky
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Addition; I can even email something to said printer, and it prints out. But I dont want this to have to be my default.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation