cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Top of page does not print. Printer is new

HP Recommended
hp officejet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Officejet 5255 and I have tried printing about four times, but the top of the page is cut off each time and about 3 inches of white space is at the bottom margin. First I tried  running an alignment report.  It is cut off at the top also. Plus, when I put the alignment report on the glass to scan it, the scan never completes. I have to turn off the machine to get it to do anything else and that takes minutes of "buffering" before I just unplug it.

Next, I have run other diagnostics like cleaning smudged print even though it was not smudged (and the alignment is probably find too. No jumpy lines.) I have also turned off the unit and plugged it back in 60 seconds later. But the print has not improved.

I have uninstalled the driver but when I reinstalled that is unclear (to me). I assume I did because my new alignment report has the same problem. No top part of page. I have the same issue printing off the internet, or printing a word or google doc.

I have down loaded HP print doctor but what that did (or did not do) is pretty unclear to me.

Please advise.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,017 18,976 826 878
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TessMomx3

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Follow steps from the link: Click here 

(do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

Root level uninstall and reinstall printer drivers

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here.

• If the issue continues, uninstall and reinstall printer Basic drivers from the link: Click here
  • If the issue still continues, install using the Windows Built-in Print DriverClick here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation