Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Dell Vostro
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I cannot figure out how to turn off sleep mode.  I just see choices for variations from 5 minutes to 2 hours.  Unless sleep mode is disabled other client PCs in my office cannot print without waking up my PC and printing from it first.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Thread opened for response.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi JayDub84,

HP has created a new firmware update for the HP PageWide 377dw, HP PageWide Pro 477dw/dn, and HP PageWide Pro 577dw/57750dw products to help mitigate the “Unable to Wake from Standby Mode” problem that some users experience after updating to version 001.1839A firmware (and also on certain older versions). 

The specific change included in this new firmware release adds the ability to set the Power Management Energy Save “Standby After” setting to “Never” as shown here:

SETTING STANDBY TO “NEVER”

StandbyNever.jpg

Changing the Energy Save Setting to Standby After “Never” will prevent the device from entering Standby Mode, and therefore prevent the problem of not being able to wake up from Standby Mode.

Getting the New Firmware

If your printer is not set to update automatically and/or has not already been updated, you can manually check for the update via the Embedded Web Server (EWS) on the product.

To check the version of firmware on your printer, enter the IP address of your printer into your web browser to view the EWS, then select the "Tools" tab, then select "Printer Updates", and then "Firmware Updates" on the left panel. 

The firmware version which provides the ability to set the Standby time to "Never" has the characters of "1850B.00" at the end of the firmware version.  If your printer has a lower version number, go to the "Check for Printer Updates" section lower on the page and click on the "Check Now" button, then follow the prompts to download and install the printer update.

Kent G.
HP Retired, however my posts and replies are my own, not HP's.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.