Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, I was trying to set up my new HP LaserJet Pro MFP 3102fdwe. I followed the instruction on the printer's touch screen to activate the product. I created the account on HP Smart website and tried to link the device. Suddenly the process was interrupted by error UA_400_E0066U0001_RD. I tried to restart the printer, reconnected it to WIFI and the update request popped up on the touch screen. I initiated the update and everything seemed to be going as intented, but when the printer restarted, touch screen went black and then blue-screen 003E1AA3 error appeared. Now whatever I do I still get the above mentioned error with Back, Home and ? touch-buttons blinking.

Hoping for your help to resolve the issue! Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Looks like you got a bad printer send it back and replace another one.

HP Recommended

Ran into same issue, the printer I have just wont exit from Activation stage.

Does your printer exit activation stage and display home?

HP Recommended

Nope, not really. I couldn't get past the activation stage. Whenever I tried to activate the printer through the website, I got "UA_400_E0066U0001_RD" error and had to start over. After third attempt to do so, on starting up, the printer asked for the update and after rebooting got stuck with this blue screen error.

I guess, one of the reason for such a problem could be the fact that we are a Ukrainian organisation based in Turkmenistan, which is not on the list of the HP supported countries. Using VPN made no difference.

Well, after all we decided to return the "fdwe" version of the printer (which requires permanent connection to the Internet and HP Smart acc) and go for the "fdw" version. Waiting for it to be shipped and hope it'll help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.