Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank Plus 658 Wireless All-in-One
Linux

I'm struggling to print photos on glossy photo paper from my Linux workstation.

For some reason, none of the glossy paper types show up in the Gnome printing dialog. Initially, I tried printing using the default plain media type, but as I read later this makes the printer use the standard black cartridge which contains pigment that is not compatible with photo paper, so the colors come out very wrong.

Within CUPS or the Gnome settings for Printers, I can select the glossy media types, but it would prompt a warning. Cups gives me the following message:

Error: The following options are conflicting:

Please change one or more of the options to resolve the conflicts.

My printer is a HP Smart Tank Plus 658 and I am using this driver: HP Smart Tank Plus 650 Series, hpcups 3.22.6 (color, 2-sided printing)

Any hints as to how I can further debug this or solve the issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.