Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6600 printer
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have an HP Officejet 6600 printer. My iMac recently updated its OS to Catalina, and now it won't print. I get the message 'Unable to use legacy USB driver'. I've installed new driver from the HP website, but it still won't print.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I'm having similar issue with an HP deskjet D4360. It worked previously on mac OS catalina, but when it upgraded to 10.15.7, now I can't print and get the"Unable to use legacy USB class driver" message. Tried all sorts of unistall/reinstall/restarting, nothing changed it.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with an HP 1320 printer. I understand it has to do with an security update by Apple. Is there a way around the issue?

HP Recommended

@Hardlyunique

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help 

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer, if necessary. 

2. Click Finder 

https://support.hp.com/doc-images/472/c03765695.gif

 In the Dock. 

1. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder. 

• If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double click it to uninstall the software, and then skip to the step to prepare the printer for the driver installation. 

• If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue to the next step. 

2. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock. 

3. In the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, and then click Go. 

4. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock. 

5. Right-click or Ctrl + click the Trash icon, and then select Empty Trash. 

6. Prepare the printer for the driver installation. Make sure it is turned on, cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.